Sunday, March 5, 2017
Lessons on Love from the Movie Frozen...
I know this sounds random, but as of mom of three girls, I have only watched the movie "Frozen" about 33 times. The most recent time being right now. (It is literally on my TV right this second.)
I am so impressed with the underlying theme of LOVE that this movie preaches, and I wonder if anyone else is as surprised as I am about how much TRUTH this insanely popular kids movie teaches about TRUE LOVE.
Here are five powerful insights that I have gleaned from this secular movie.
1. Sometimes when people shut you out, it is not because of something YOU did. It is because of something they did. This was a big realization for me. I tend to take it personally when people shut me out, and instead of just loving them away, I shut them out. This usually only makes things worse.
2. Fear is powerful and really really really bad. Fear can make people do crazy, desperate things. Fear is what isolates people from everything they really need: LOVE.
3. "People make bad choices when their scared, or tired or stressed, but throw a little love their way, and you'll bring out their best." The trolls get it, why don't we??? Forgive people for their bad choices and love them through it. It will make the bad go away. Wow, I hope my 3 year old is getting that message through this movie.
4. LOVE is about sacrifice. I love that this movie preaches this message throughout the whole movie. True Love isn't a romantic smoochy love, it is SACRIFICIAL. Olaf even defines LOVE as "Putting someone else's needs before their own." The sacrifice that Anna makes for her sister, is ultimately what saves the whole movie.
5. In the end, this sort of Sacrificial LOVE wins. Love will always win. If you are brave enough to LOVE, it will always overcome EVERYTHING. Love is is truly a supernatural power, and we ALL have the power to do it.
ALL this from a super popular secular movie about a very cold Disney people!! I mean does this surprise or shock anyone??? It just proves to me that there is still good honest, movie makers out there, who can find a way to teach truth in a entertaining and honest way.
God had to be behind this!!!